The Province of Ontario has recently wrapped up consultations for the 2020 Provincial Budget.
FilmOntario made submissions to the Ministry of Finance and the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs on behalf of our members.
Our submission focused on:
- acknowledging the government’s commitment to stable tax credits, and the importance of maintaining that commitment;
- suggestions for modernizing the tax credits and reducing red tape;
- targeted support for Ontario-based content creators;
- the importance of Ontario Creates and NOHFC support to the industry; and
- laying the groundwork for industry growth and the need for a diverse and well-trained workforce to make that growth possible.
You can read the full submission here.
The government has committed to delivering the 2020 Budget before March 31, 2020.